Time to prep: 5 minutes
Nutrition per serving:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon
- Big pinch chilli flakes
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Good drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the avocado in half and carefully remove its stone, then scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze in the lemon juice and a drizzle of oil, then mash with a fork to your desired texture.
- Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes. Toast your bread, then pile the avocado on top.
- You could add a crushed garlic clove to the guacamole.
- You can add a range of toppings including pumpkin seeds, poached eggs, roasted tomatoes or feta.
Written by Bev Walton, BSc Nutritional Science
I achieved a First-Class Honours degree in BSc Nutritional Science, Nutrition Sciences from the University of Reading and now have over 35 years experience in all types of cuisine, dietary plans, recipe development, health and nutrition. I have been writing for over 10 years for magazines and websites as well as ghostwriting for ebooks, Kindle and fully published books. I’m also a proud member of the Guild of Food writers.